Sunday, October 5, 2014

30 minutes recipe : How to dress up instant noodle

As one of the biggest producer and consumer of instant noodles, Indonesians are familiar with it. It's not only cheap but also tasty. Which in my childhood, it brought me trouble because i used to choose instant noodle than homemade cooking.

In recent years i learned how to make my instant noodle healthier (well, as healthy as instant noodle can be). I have to admit that even i try my hardest to life and eat healthier, once in a while i still eat instant noodle since it's very practical. I started to add vegetables, this seemed a good idea, but sometimes the taste doesn't really....how should i say it, pull together? Anyway it seems like you have to put something else too (ok not you but me). I stumbled on a very nice recipe, here and made just a little bit of adjustment by adding twice boiled instant noodle. It's hassle free and you can prepare everything in just 30 minutes or less.



I used most of the ingredients except for egg, carrot, and mushroom. My version is lighter since i don't add egg to make it thick, but other than that, i follow the original recipe and add plain instant noodle (i discarded the seasoning and use the noodle only). It was tasty!
You can reduce the chicken if you just want to make one portion, i used around 250 grams to make the broth, and change the vegetables to your like. 

So what about you? Have you dressed up your instant noodle?

No comments:

Post a Comment