Monday, October 6, 2014

Beauty tips: a battle against hairfall

I don't try to exaggerate things when i say my hair is my life time problem. But in fact it is, up until this very minute, my hair is still my big problem (well, second to my weight problem *husshh*). I never stop dreaming to have a thick long hair, but growing older it almost impossible to achieve it. 

Once i was advised to cut short my hair so it won't falling but guess what, it didn't work! Even when i cut my hair as short as possible, that nasty hair thief is still stealing my valuable strands of hair, hmmff.
My aunt once told me the success story of her friend, she said after using aloe religiously, her friend was able to grow back her almost bald hair. Sounds amazing right? So of course, i stepped on the same way without even thinking. 

To live in a country such as Indonesia is a good thing, aloe is almost everywhere. My mom planted it once, just one bunch of aloe in a pot and i didn't think she had time to water it. But in a short time the plant grew in tens of bunch. To use aloe for hairfall is easy, just cut one of it's fleshy leaf, wash them (the yellowish liquid should be rinse out, it's itchy), cut it into half and then rub it on your scalp. You should left it an hour or more (the noticeable result was to leave it a night). Aloe grew my hair, you'll see new hairs show after three or four times using, but unfortunately it didn't stop the hairfalling.

Few articles on egg for hair fall were interesting, so i made my mind to try. I don't really like egg, the smell is gross but if it can stop my hair to fall, i'm ready to try anything (almost). 
Last month i tried using egg as hair mask. I used only the yolk. I whisked it and added few drops of grape seed oil then applied it on my clean hair. I let it sat for 20 minutes (longer than 30 minutes will make your hair dry) then rinsed my hair twice. The result? My hair was extra smooth and voluminous. The smoothness lasted for about 2 weeks, but falling hair was still there (boooohoooo).
On my next experiment, i only used the white, whisked it and applied. I got different result, my hair fall was decreasing a great number but the hair felt a bit dry.
On my last try last week, i used one whole egg, whisked and applied. Aaaaand my falling hair was promising ^^. The amount of falling hair was decreasing, the smoothness was still there (hooooraaaay!).
So i guess i'll stick to this gross mask in the future, the articles warn not to use it too often (something that i should remember). 

What about you? Do you have other anti hair fall ideas?

PS: i don't own any picture in this post

No comments:

Post a Comment